Attorney for Child Custody and Child Support Issues
At The Bach Law Firm, LLC, located in Las Vegas, our lawyers help divorcing couples reach a child custody, visitation and child support agreements. However, when the other party is being unreasonable and agreements cannot be made regarding your children, we are ready and experience to fight for your rights and what is in your children's best interests in a court of law.
Types of Custody
In Nevada, there are two types of child custody:
- Legal custody - Making major decisions, relating to religious upbringing, schooling and medical care.
- Physical custody - The location where the child eats, sleeps and lives
Typically the parents share legal custody and one parent is granted primary physical custody. The non-custodial parent has parenting time, or visitation.
Determining Child Support
Child support is calculated according to a formula that looks at the income of both parents. The number of overnight visits to the non-custodial parent will affect the child support payment formula. Other child support issues to consider are:
- Insurance - Who covers the children, pays the co-pay, covers prescriptions, glasses and braces?
- Extracurricular activities - Who pays for dance class, soccer lessons and football uniforms?
- Tax issues - Who claims the children as a dependant and who gets to use the tax credits?
Contact Us Today
Our attorneys can help you work out a child custody agreement and child support plan with which you can live. We prepare to go to court - so we won't have to. Think of us as your ultimate back-up plan. Our firm is 100% litigation focused. Call 702-925-8787 or send us an e-mail to discuss your divorce or child custody issues.